Study MBBS in Turkey
Study MBBS in Turkey is the best option for medical students who couldn’t understand their dream to be a doctor within their home country. Turkey is a nice selection for Pakistani students who need to review in list of muslim countries whereas also staying on the point of their Muslim roots. This is a peaceful and serene country is home to some high medical universities that offers college boy and graduate MBBS degree programs.
Turkey exists in the geographically folded mountain zone of Eurasia, and is wealthy with Islamic cultural heritage, and is additionally stratified the nineteenth biggest economy of the world. Turkey welcomes a swarm of international students each year. a report nearly 185,000 international students are learning in several universities of Turkey. We will provide our medical fresh students step by step guide study or MBBS in Turkey.
Why Study MBBS in Turkey?
- Top Quality Education in Turkey
Turkey is home of more than 200 universities including Medical universities. These universities offer top quality education. and more than 10 Turkish Universities are listed in the best World University Rankings, and its education system has been ranked 40th in the whole world.
- A Multicultural environment
Turkey has a good culture. This country has many deep rooted civilizations and different cultures and races study in this culturally rich country, you have good chance to learn and explore the cultures while studying in a safe and peaceful environment.
- Affordable Country to Study MBBS
Life is Turkey is very affordable as compare to other European countries. Here expenses are quite affordable as well as the MBBS study expenses. The total MBBS program in Turkey can cost you around 25 Lakh Pakistani Rupee in Public Universities which is quite affordable.
- Easy Medium of Instruction
Turkish Universities offers MBBS degrees in English for foreign students.However you need to learn the Turkish language for internal Communication purposes as Turkish people are not very fluent in English.
- MBBS Scholarships in Turkey for International and Foreign Students
Turkish Government offers scholarships to international foreign students. It is reported that more than 5000 scholarships are offered to students from 160 countries. The scholarships are for all undergraduate, graduate and MBBS programs of foreign students.
- Hospitable Citizens
Turkish are hospitable and the Students are helped by the citizen with utmost sincerity and kindness. Turkish people is acknowledged by the international world.
- A Muslim Country
Most of the Turkey are Muslims and its a Muslim country. Pakistani students will have easy access to Halal food and free to perform their religious rituals with pleasure.
Difference between the Pakistan and Turkish MBBS degree
MBBS in Program in Pakistan
MBBS in Program in Turkey
|90%+ aggregate required
|70% aggregate required
|Entry test/MDCAT required
|No Entry test/ MDCAT required
|Medium of instruction is English
|Medium of Instruction is Turkish and English
|PMC NEB test is not required
|PMC NLE test is required
Admission criteria for MBBS in Turkish Medical University
You need to have the following documents which are required for admissions in medical universities of Turkey.
- All attested documents which include secondary and intermediate mark sheets.
- University application form which is applied online along with the application fee.
- Language proficiency requirement such as IELTS with a score of 6.5+ and TOEFL with a score of 90+.
- A bank statement to show and proof that you have enough finances to support your study expenses in Turkey.
- A health certificate.
- A valid residence permit along with the photocopy of its first seven pages.
- A photocopy of the student visa
- A motivational letter about your interest in Turkish education.
- A valid passport.
Career after MBBS in Turkey for Pakistani Students.
After completing degree of MBBS in Turkeyd students can complete their specialization in which ever department of medical they are interested in. There are many career option for Doctors in Turkey as can be pursue a career in dentistry, surgery, anesthesiology, physician, find jobs in hospital administration, turkey also offer a promising career in medical professor.
Cost of MBBS degree in Turkey for Pakistani students 2021
Turkey offers low cost MBBS degrees. Studying in Turkey costs much less than any other European country. The MBBS program in Turkey is of 6 years so the study cost is as follows.
- The average cost of 1styear is relatively more than the remaining five years. The 1st year fee including registration fee, health insurance fee, Visa fee and ticket fee is around 1458 Euros which is equal to 465,641 PKR.
- Private Universities Fee 1st Year Rs. 2500,000 to Rs. 3500,000
Whereas for the remaining years the fee can be around a 1000 to 3000 Euros per year which is equal to 182,000-500,000 PKR.
MBBS Scholarships in Turkey for Pakistani students 2021
Turkey offers many scholarships for international and foreign students. About 140 medical scholarships which are available for foreign students. Students apply for the scholarships after getting accepted into the university. You can get information about the requirements from the universities official page. You can apply for the scholarship online.
Living Cost in Turkey for Pakistani students 2021
Universities in Turkey offers accommodation facilities to international students. According to the need students can select the accommodations. whereas some students choose rental apartments.
- Campus and state dormitories are often offered by the university in which you are studying. These dormitories provide all the necessary facilities to its students. Campus and state dormitories can cost you around 50 to 260 Euros and the cost can definitely vary.
- Whereas living in a rental apartment on the other hand can cost you some extra Euros, 150 to 500 Euros per month, and the price completely depends whether you live alone or you share the flat.
- The other food, transportation, and clothing expenses can cost you almost a 100 to 200 Euros.
Green-Listed Turkish Medical Universities by PMC
Green-listed Medical Universities in Turkey by published PMC.
- Adiyaman Üniversitesi Tıp Fakültesi
- Adnan Menderes Üniversitesi Tıp Fakültesi
- Afyonkarahisar Sağlık Bilimleri Üniversitesi Tıp Fakültesi
- Altınbaş Üniversitesi Tıp Fakültesi
- Ankara Yildirim Beyazit Üniversitesi Tıp Fakültesi\
- Ataturk Üniversitesi Tıp Fakültesi
- Bahçeşehir Üniversitesi Tıp Fakültesi
- Biruni Üniversitesi Tıp Fakültesi
- Bolu Abant Izzet Baysal Üniversitesi Tıp Fakültesi
- Bozok Üniversitesi Tıp Fakültesi
- Canakkale Onsekiz Mart Üniversitesi Tıp Fakültesi
- Düzce Üniversitesi Tıp Fakültesi
- Gaziosmanpasa Üniversitesi Tıp Fakültesi
- Hitit Üniversitesi Tıp Fakültesi
- Kadir Has University Faculty of Medicine
- Kahramanmaras Sütçü Imam Üniversitesi Tıp Fakültesi
- Kirikkale Üniversitesi Tıp Fakültesi
- Koç Üniversitesi Tıp Fakültesi
- Kütahya Sağlık Bilimleri Üniversitesi Tıp Fakültesi
- Maltepe Üniversitesi Tıp Fakültesi
- Meram Tıp Fakültesi
- Mevlana Üniversitesi Tıp Fakültesi
- Muğla Sıtkı Koçman Üniversitesi Tıp Fakültesi
- Namik Kemal Üniversitesi Tıp Fakültesi
- Okan Üniversitesi Tıp Fakültesi
- Ordu Üniversitesi Tıp Fakültesi
- Recep Tayyip Erdogan Üniversitesi Tıp Fakültesi
- Sağlık Bilimleri Üniversitesi Gülhane Tıp Fakültesi
- Sakarya Üniversitesi Tıp Fakültes
- Sağlık Bilimleri Üniversitesi Hamidiye Uluslararası Tıp Fakültesi
- Sifa Üniversitesi Tıp Fakültesi
- Tayfur Ata Sökmen Tıp Fakültesi, Mustafa Kemal Üniversitesi
- TOBB Ekonomi ve Teknoloji Üniversitesi Tıp Fakültesi
- Trakya Üniversitesi Tıp Fakültesi
- Ufuk Üniversitesi Tıp Fakültesi
- Uludag Üniversitesi Tıp Fakültesi
- Uşak Üniversitesi Tıp Fakültesi
- Van Yüzüncü Yil Üniversitesi Tıp Fakültesi
- Yeni Yüzyil Üniversitesi Tıp Fakültesi
Turkey Student Visa Requirements for Pakistani students 2021-2022
Following documents are required to apply for Turkish student visa.
- Turkish Student Visa application form.
- A valid passport
- Biometric photographs with a white background and these photographs should be according to the Turkey visa photo requirements.
- Attested photocopies of your previous degrees/diplomas, certificates and transcripts.
- Travel insurance for the entire stay in Turkey.
- Letter of acceptance from the university.
- Proof of paid fee for the 1stsemester of the selected document.
- A bank statement to prove to financial resources, this step is required to show that you have enough finances to support your entire stay in Turkey.
- Letter of sponsorship, if your parents or another person will be sponsoring your stay and education in Turkey.
- A proof of accommodation to show that you have a place to stay in Turkey.
- A medical certificate from a government hospital.
- Police clearance certificate showing that you have no criminal record in your home country.
PR and Citizenship
Turkey allows its international students to acquire a work permit in Turkey after graduation. As far as Permanent residency in Turkey is concerned than one can now become Permanent Resident after 8 years of legal residency in Turkey, these are the following requirements to be a Permanent Resident of Turkey,
- You should have no criminal record.
- You must have not received any social aid from governmental institutions in the last 3 years prior to application
- You should be financially stable to support yourself and your family.
If you have lived in Turkey for at-least five year you can apply for Turkish Citizenship. This time can be reduced to three years if you have marries a Turkish citizen. You are eligible to apply for citizenship if you have,
- A clean criminal record.
- A health certificate proving you have no serious illness or disease.
- If you are financially stable to support yourself.
- You may also need to attend an interview in order to prove you Turkish language skills.
FAQs about study MBBS in Turkey.
These are the most frequently asked questions by students who aspire to study in Turkey.
How long is MBBS in Turkey?
The total duration of the undergraduate MBBS program in Turkey is 6 years.
What is the medium of instruction of MBBS in Turkey?
MBBS in Turkey is taught in both English and Turkish language, so language is not the problem if you want to study medicine in Turkey.
How much it cost to study MBBS in Turkey?
MBBS in Turkey does not cost much, you can complete your 6 year MBBS program in Turkey in almost 10 to 12 lakh Pakistani rupee.
Do I have to provide a language proficiency?
Medium of instruction in Turkish medical universities is English, international and exchange students who come from countries where the first language is English do not have to provide English proficiency, however countries where the first language is not English they might have to show a language proficiency certificate while applying.
What are the accommodation options while studying in Turkey?
International students can live in campus dormitories, state dormitories, and also private rental apartment if they want to live outside the hostel premises. State dormitories are mostly preferred by international students.
Can students work while studying in Turkey?
No, students are not allowed to work during studying in Turkey, however they can work if they obtain a work permit for students which is issued by the Government of Turkey.
Is MBBS degree from Turkey valid in Pakistan?
Yes, MBBS from turkey is valid in Pakistan. The Pakistan Medical Commission (PMC) has also Green Listed a few medical colleges in Turkey.
Is getting a Turkish student visa hard?
No, getting a Turkish student visa is not hard. You can get the students in 3-4 weeks.
Is Turkey Good for MBBS?
Yes, Turkey proves to be a good choice for MBBS. This country has a phenomenal education sector and is home to some top ranking medical universities.
When does the academic year start in turkey for medical students?
The academic year for medical students in Turkey starts in September, but it can vary.
Quick facts about MBBS in Turkey and Pakistan.
MBBS in Pakistan
MBBS in Turkey
|6 years including a year of internship
|5 to 6 years including a year of internship
|1279 total number of Hospitals in Pakistan
|1,534 hospitals in Turkey according to the recent list.
|All Pakistani universities are teaching MBBS in English
|The medium of instruction in medical schools of turkey is English and Turkish
|Kind Edward Medical College is the most oldest medical colleges of Pakistan Built in 1860s.
|Established in 1827, Istanbul University Medical School is the oldest medical college in Turkey, and is also known as the first ever medical school of Turkey.
|Mayo Hospital is considered to be the oldest medical College in Pakistan and was built in 1871. This hospital was named after the Earl of Mayo who visited this hospital in 1871.
|The Balıklı Greek Hospital, holds the record of being the oldest hospital of Turkey and was built in 1753.